Saturday, September 13, 2003

Only 5 hours into my morning shift, and I've already seen 31 patients! Things seem to have slowed a little, which explains why I can post this. :) Oh wait, another card just got thrown on my table. Yeeeeeeesh.

Okay, the kid's at X-ray now. And I can't remember what I wanted to say earlier. Oh well.

Here's the link to a very informative website on SARS. It apparently links to my blog, but I can't for the life of me find any mention of my site anywhere. Thanks anyway, though.

It's official! My name is apparently causing aversion in the Straits Times' Forum editorial board ( or whatever they call it ). A spate of letters on the topic I posted on 2 days ago was printed today, and lo and behold, my mom's missive was completely ignored. Not publishing my opinions is one thing, but doing the same to my mom is another. They'll probably say it "wasn't good enough", "not to the point", etc. but I'll leave the readers to be the judge of that. I know there're people in the education system dropping by -- thought you should know about this incident.

2 days to go before the Michael Buble concert, woohoo! Was playing his CD in the car yesterday in preparation for this happy event. Really looking forward to it! ( By the way, MTV screens excerpts from his concert in the US on and off at 7:30pm, so check that out. )

The Claymates who met up for dinner last Friday are organizing the Clay Aiken CD Release Party in conjunction with other similar events in the US and New Zealand. We've got good numbers to start out with, but need as many as possible in order to make a bigger impact. It's tentatively slated for mid-October ( his CD will be out Oct 14 in America ), so make yourselves known to me please! My email is ojj75@yahoo.com.

Note: The package we mailed over should be arriving in Raleigh any time now. My friend over there is looking out for it, and tells me she'll pass it along to his pals at the Y early next week. Clay was home earlier this week, but has been jetting to New York for interviews and a meeting with Faith Hill ( they're discussing a possible duet -- a great collaboration in my book! ). His next gig is the Miss America finals, followed by more high-profile appearances on TV shows, thanksgiving parades, and photo spreads for Vanity Fair. My hearty congratulations on his continuing success. :D

2 more hours to go. Time can't pass by quickly enough... On to patient No. 35.

No comments: