Saturday, August 01, 2009

OMG!

Just logged into Blogger and found this comment from Lee Goldberg!

Not sure when it was posted - doesn't show in the comments page - but if you missed it, he said, "I'm glad you're enjoying my MONK novels. Are they in English or Chinese or Thai or Klingon?"

Mr. Goldberg, in response to your query ( which I'm sure was made in a completely tongue-in-cheek manner :)), they're in English. :)

Managed to get my hands on a new copy of Mr. Monk Goes To Germany, published in 2008. Considering it came from the public library, this is practically in mint condition compared to the other books, which were tattered with yellowed pages and the occasional doodle ( some of which looked obscene ).

Yes, Singaporeans don't know how to love their reading materials. Suspect I got H1N1 from a contaminated library book.

Also grabbed Mr. Monk And The Two Assistants from another library branch in town. Will read that once I finish Germany.

Now the only one missing from my list is Mr. Monk Goes To Hawaii.

Favourite so far: still Mr. Monk And The Blue Flu, followed by Mr. Monk Goes To The Firehouse.

Definitely helps that I've seen the TV series. The novels come to life beautifully when you can imagine all the characters speaking the lines and displaying their trademark mannerisms, especially Monk with his nervous tics and various "tells".

I have a special affinity for Captain Stottlemeyer - he's hilarious on TV, but very sweet on paper.

Thank you for dropping by my blog, Mr. Goldberg! If you ever visit Singapore, please let me know and I'll be more than happy to show you around! :)

You can visit his website here.

2 comments:

Lee Goldberg said...

I'm glad you're able to find my books in Singapore...in any condition. Just be sure to wear gloves. And a mask. And have a can of Lysol nearby.

Lee

spacefan said...

Haha, an answer Adrian Monk would be proud of!

I tried sending you an email at lee@leegoldberg.com, but it bounced back. Was wondering if there's an alternate option? Would like to ask a career-related question offline.

In any case, I can be reached at spaceyfan@gmail.com.