Saturday, November 02, 2002

The start of yet another new posting, this time in Medicine, Changi General. I'm currently in the MICU, and after a jerky start, things are settling down nicely, and I'm looking forward to many adrenaline rushes from numerous opportunities for resucitations and invasive procedures. ( Sorry, emergency medicine trainees love this sort of thing. :))
I must say general medicine is a far cry from my previous medical rotations -- namely, gastroenterology, haematology and cardiology. Gen med is so... general. And over here, you can get anything when you're on call -- cardio, geriatrics, renal, haemato, gastro, the works! Definitely fertile training ground.
I'm also here with a number of fellow year-mates, and some junior MOs who were once my housemen. The rest also seem very nice, so that's another good thing.

Anyway, what's the deal with the censors completely banning an episode of Six Feet Under? So now taking Ecstasy on TV is deemed inappropriate? Even when it's obviously accidental poisoning? Yeesh! With this little move, don't expect to get "Sex And The City" on the small screen here anytime soon. That series is so blatantly provocative the censors will probably have a heart attack during the preview.

As I predicted, Shii Ann has been booted off Survivor:Thailand. I can't say she didn't have it coming though. She seems to be paranoid about racism, and is too bossy for anyone's liking. Well, at least she got pretty close to hunky Ken ( the good cop, literally ), who was the only person who supported her, but couldn't exert enough influence to ensure her stay.
Competition on The Amazing Race 3 is heating up as well, with teams running neck and neck with each other. Two people I'd like to see eliminated are best friends Aaron and Arianne, who are so full of themselves they make me nauseous.

Out of curiosity, I visited a website featuring The Bachelor, and I know who Alex Michel chooses in the end. I won't tell you who she is, but I'm disappointed that it isn't Shannon. If you're interested, use the Google search engine with the keywords "the bachelor TV show". You will also get a sneak peek at The Bachelor 2 ( this new fellow is even cuter ) and the upcoming The Bachelorette.

More quotes before I sign off:

1. "He fumbles at your head like a freshman yanking at a panty girdle."
-- Hannibal Lecter voicing his despise for his minder, Dr. Chilton, in "Red Dragon"
2. "But you were a very happy child."
"That's because I was too young to realize what freaks we were."
-- a mother-and-daughter conversation from "Six Feet Under".

That's all for now. Thanks for reading!

No comments: