Thursday, December 12, 2002

My leave is ending soon, sob! Okay, better start prepping myself for the ward rounds and night calls which will resume next week. Can't believe time passes so quickly. Sigh.
Anyway, I realize that my Changi compatriots follow my blog on and off, so if David or Siau Chuin is reading this, I'm very grateful for your help in covering the MICU while I'm away. Hope the mortality rounds haven't been too stressful, and please let me buy you a meal when I return. :)

Update!

The Amazing Race 3 episode last week was excellent! First, let me say, "Aieee, Drew and Derek were in Singapore! " Sorry :P But I still don't understand what all the hullabaloo about PCK being chosen to appear is all about. He's described as "a popular TV star", not "a typical Singaporean". And I think he performed very well on the show, being his bubbly and crazy self.
I also applaud those who thought up the tasks for the competitors. Very imaginative stuff that also proved challenging. First, a race to the Orchid Gardens, then a detour, either to the zoo or Choa Chu Kang, followed by a trip to The Fountain of Wealth, and a run to Mt. Faber ( the pitstop ). Considering how even I sometimes get lost navigating the roads here, the teams did remarkably well on their own, and with right-hand driving some more. They even found block whatever, unit whatever, in Choa Chu Kang avenue or street whatever. Wow, I'm impressed.
Everyone's a strong player this time round, and it's anybody's guess who will emerge the victors. My favourites are the twins, of course, but mostly because they've proven to be forces to be reckoned with, and that pretty-boy looks doesn't always equal brains the size of peas, mind you. They're also nice, and haven't played any dirty tricks on the others, unlike the gay couple in the first Amazing Race ( boy, I detested those guys! ). My next fav are Ken and Gerard, the balding brothers who laugh and smile all the time. Ian and Teri -- the bickering middle-aged couple -- are a hoot to watch, and may make it to the final 3, but win? Nah. If the previous 2 seasons are anything to go by, the very last episode always features some dragged-out sprint to the finish line, something Drew and Derek will have no problems with, while Ken/Gerard and Ian/Teri will probably pass out from.
An interesting little twist is provided by Flo and Zach, who describe themselves as "good friends" but appear to be more. Zach seems to have feelings for Flo, but she's blatantly flirting with Drew ( was wondering why Drew and not Derek, but Derek's the one with a wedding ring. Ohhhhhhh... :)) Anyway, Flo's terrible lah. She's so hung on Drew it's nauseating, and I feel so sorry for Zach sometimes. He's such a nice guy, putting up with her screaming tantrums, never losing his temper or patience, carrying her backpacks whenever she gets exhausted, never complaining about anything. Let Drew have her! Zach deserves so much better.

No comments: