Sunday, December 22, 2002

Okay, I happened to be on the Internet, and thought I'd post this 'cos it's pretty unbelievable stuff.

I just watched a recording of "Temptation Island: Australia" and my jaw hit the floor. Yes, despite having liberal views regarding Western morals, the shenanigans on this Australian series ( ie. featuring native Aussies, instead of a bunch of Americans ) were positively SHOCKING. Sure, there were the usual drunken parties, overt flirtations and skimpily clad tight bods, but this pilot episode had 2 intoxicated women kissing each other -- yes, it was shown on Singapore TV! Intentional? Perhaps, in which case the Singapore Broadcast Authority is once again practising double standards -- ""Sex And The City"? No way! "Temptation Island: Australia" which depicts women tonguing each other? Proceed!"
I couldn't care less if this show continues to be screened every Saturday night. I think Singaporeans are becoming quite promiscuous and can handle this sort of thing without any problem. But please, if this reality series is considered okay for local consumption on free-to-air TV, then I think someone on the SBA needs to reverse the decision to ban "Sex And The City" ( which is based on FICTIONAL characters, btw ) from cable television. You do see a point in what I'm saying, right?

No comments: