Sunday, February 28, 2010

Bliss Part 7


Am nearing the last few chapters of Laurell K. Hamilton's The Laughing Corpse. Thoroughly enjoying the ride, and although her writing has its slightly annoying moments ( think she uses the words "maybe", "bully" and "goody" a tad too often ), the characterizations remain vivid, and a couple of scenes are so well-drawn they literally leap off the pages. Haven't appreciated a funeral this much in a long time. :)

There's also a colourful trip through a red light district, where readers will meet a wheelchair-bound prostitute with an even darker personal history.

Cool stuff eh? :)



Here's something else to enjoy. Ladies, if you're not tuning in to So You Think You Can Dance season 6 on cable's AXN channel, then at least check out Ryan di Lello on YouTube.

They just aired the Top 20 special performance episode, but I've had my eye on this hunky dude since the early audition rounds. Never mind the fact that he's married to a hot young lady ( who also made the top 20 ). It's great to see a ballroom veteran who doesn't look the least bit wimpy for once!

Here's a HOT cha-cha number - with a jaw-dropping climax! Oh yes, and don't forget the half-buttoned shirt, heh!

And... a fabulous disco routine. Ryan looks perfectly capable of hurling his partner across the room, haha. :)

Ooh, I just found this delectable samba. No shirt, yow!


But of course, season 6 is also worth watching for its eye-popping choreography. The recent Top 20 special performance episode featured a flawless group dance orchestrated by Wade Robson. I love it so much I've seen it countless times - yes, I'm saving it all to DVD. :)



So Adam Lambert's confirmed a private gig in Singapore March 12. Despite being a big fan, it's unlikely that I'll be able to see him perform because (1) I can't for the life of me figure out how to secure tickets ( yes there's a contest giveaway, but my luck tends to suck in such things ), and (2) I'm already rostered to work that evening.

Such short notice, and not open to the general public. Why, Sony Music, WHY!?!?!?


Speaking of American Idol, the first Top 24 performances have illustrated how the series is getting old, and fast. This year's crop of Idol wannabes are pretty run-of-the-mill. The only person who stood out this week is Aaron Kelly, a sweet-faced 16-year-old whose big voice during a Rascal Flatts cover woke me up. Kind of a cross between Clay Aiken and David Archuleta, he could go very far in this competition if he continues to choose the right songs and corners the country-pop genre.

One of my early faves, Tyler Grady, got booted off, which is a real shame. Surely the wooden Tim Urban warranted an elimination? And don't get me started about the females. I can't stand that African-American girl who slaughtered The Beatles' I Wanna Hold Your Hand!

You're walking on thin ice here, AI9. No wonder SYTYCD is gaining strength in the ratings.


Last but not least, I received some very interesting news recently, raising questions about a certain person's career path and marital situation.
I'm a firm believer in divine intervention. What goes around comes around. Thank you, God. :)

No comments: