Thursday, March 04, 2010

Kevin Spacey's In Singapore!

I apologize for the unbridled enthusiasm, but the fact that my all-time favourite actor - whom I've idolized for more than a decade, and after whom this blog is named - is in such close proximity, is just too much for me to handle. :D


There was no indication of the visit on his Twitter page, and I haven't been bugging my grapevine of inside sources, so imagine my shock when I saw the front-page headlines in today's Life! section, complete with a sprawling interview. I was in a stupor following less than 6 hours of sleep, after a hellish evening shift last night. The article definitely woke me up, no caffeine needed!


He'll be giving a talk at the Singapore Repertory Theatre today - those lucky lucky theatre students! - followed by a tour of the Esplanade. I can't worm my way anywhere near him because I'm stuck at the hospital all day ( argh! ), but I'm thrilled that he's confirmed he will tour with the Project in 2011.

Regular readers of this blog may remember he replied to my tweets last year about whether he'll tour in the near future. He ruled out 2010 because of other commitments, but did hint at 2011. Ain't it cool? :D

So what Shakespearan roles are you gunning for for the great Mr. Spacey? He excels at both drama and comedy, so if it's age-appropriate ( i.e. not Romeo ), he can do it.

I have a preference for The Merchant of Venice's Shylock, or even Hamlet. As for comedy, I like Benedick from Much Ado About Nothing, or Petruchio from The Taming Of The Shrew.

You can bet I'll attend more than one performance if Mr. Spacey's in the cast. And yes, I will do everything in my power to meet him in person. It's one of the items on my bucket list!

I hope he enjoys his 2 days in Singapore. Wonder if he'll be brave enough to try some durian? :)

No comments: