Saturday, March 22, 2003

American Idol never fails to brighten my day, and for only one reason: Clay Aiken! :) I spotted him during the quarter/semi-finals, and was ecstatic when he got through to the final 12. Now, he's so popular it's almost confirmed that he'll win this hands down. Even sulky Simon Cowell relented, saying Clay's "the one ( the others ) have got to beat" in the latest episode. Woohoo!
But of course, detractors will ask why Clay's so well-loved, when he's not hunky, gorgeous or particularly sexy in a conventional way ( like Corey Clark, for example ). In my opinion, though, I adore Clay 'cos to me, he's like a ray of sunshine, and has a wonderful personality and character. Just look at his face, and you can immediately tell he's got a heart of gold. I also applaud his humility -- even when being showered with the highest praise in front of millions of viewers, he still looks shocked each and every time, and never puffs up with over-confidence ( like Kim Caldwell ). Last but not least, his voice is exquisite! This is a guy who really, truly deserves to win this competition. And even if he doesn't ( which I hope never happens ), when he releases his album, you can be sure I'll be the first to buy it.
Clay, if you read this, you've got lots of fans here in Singapore, and we're all rooting for you! Good luck!

No comments: