Saturday, March 01, 2003

Looks like I've got closet obsessive-compulsive tendencies like Adrian Monk! Have been scratching my head over John Mayer's age issue, and upon analyzing a recording of his thank-you speech, realized that what he said at the Grammys wasn't that he's 16 years old, but that he feels like he's 16 years old. Ohhhh...
So that makes him 26, which certainly reduces the guilt factor for me, 'cos I didn't feel comfortable having the hots for a teenager, haha! :D

Who would've thought Survivor could turn into a comedy? Last night's episode became the safari version of Sex And The City, with all the trash talk, eye signals and flirtatious body language going into major overdrive. Daniel ( the Asian-American who was predictably ousted at tribal council ) made his move fast with Shawna, while Rob lusted after Heidi, and Dave ( who's getting cuter with each passing day -- is it his stubble or the fact that he's lost weight? ) was "engaged" by Jenna. The reward challenge was filled with sexual innuendos and cheeky smiles and winks, and even though the guys lost that one, they were so high from their encounter with the lovely ladies that they returned to camp in an ecstatic mood. Even the older men got into the action! It certainly was like high school all over again -- "Does she like me? I think she likes me. I hope she likes me, etc." It was hilarious!

But cheers to the women for winning the tough immunity challenge -- they've won 4 out of 5 challenges so far, woohoo!!! And I'm glad Daniel was kicked out. He's lazy, sulky, and easily distracted -- during the reward challenge, he made a big mistake because he was so busy staring at Heidi's boobs he completely missed the question asked by Rob just a few seconds earlier. Who knows, if he had gotten it right, the men may not have lost. He wasn't a team player, and deserved to be voted off.

Will be watching Daredeviltonight. More on that in my next entry.

No comments: