Tuesday, November 12, 2002

Unfortunately, I missed the latest episode of Survivor: Thailand, and haven't had the chance to check out the website yet, so those of you reading this who know which contestant got booted off after Shii Ann, please email me at ojj75@yahoo.com and fill me in. Much appreciated. :)

Last night's episode of The Bachelor reached a new low, but that's exactly what kept me glued to the goggle-box till 11pm, despite being on call today :P
Alex went out with 3 women on individual dates, and made out with one of them on national TV. Funny thing is, Amanda ( the lady in question ) thought nothing of frenching him with the cameraman zooming in, but became extremely embarrassed when the Japanese waitress accidentally walked in in the middle of their little interlude. Talk about double standards!
The other finalists ( 8 were cut to 4 ) are Trista ( a professional cheerleader ), Shannon ( the one I'm rooting for ) and Kim ( a professional nanny ). Rhonda, who was among the 4 who were not picked, had an anxiety attack after the session, necessitating some paramedic attention. Melodrama, indeed. Good thing Alex didn't pick her. If she'd gotten through to the final round and then been ditched, she'll probably commit suicide.
Next week should provide even more interesting fodder. The 4 women will bring Alex home to meet their parents, and the trailer reveals some tension and discomfort, which should be a hoot. I'm wondering about the exact turning point where Alex decides to drop Shannon ( if you recall, I did say in my previous post that she did not reach the final 2 ). Might be her parents, hmmm...

Last piece of gossip before I sign off and prepare for yet another call: Jennifer Lopez is apparently now engaged to Ben Affleck, even before finalizing her divorce from Cris Judd. I don't really understand why Affleck, a self-proclaimed swinging single who's dated the likes of Gwyneth Paltrow, would be serious enough about J. Lo to want to settle down with her. Thought he'd have better taste. And besides, I wouldn't marry someone who's got a horrible track record. Anyone want to place bets that Ben will soon become Ex Number Three? :)

Right then. Wish me luck. I'm off to unpack my night bag.

No comments: