Tuesday, July 01, 2003

Today's the day SARS central opens its doors to ambulance cases, woohoo! After a "really bad night" yesterday, let's hope Tuesday will be a marked improvement. Time to get back to work, people! My ex-houseman, who's now a surgical MO at you-know-where, says they're so free the whole team can go out for meals up to 3 times a day. Compare this to other hospitals, where doctors are so busy they have to work through lunch, dinner and breakfast...you get the idea.

But granted, they've been through enough already, and the rest was well-deserved. However, vacation's over, people, and the rest of us need a break! Let's hope this will mark the start of life getting back to normal once and for all. Watch out for Singaporeans returning from holidays overseas ( school term just started today ). Don't let your guard down, or we'll be back to square one -- not to mention my local Part 2 exam will be cancelled for sure ( something I definitely want to avoid ).

Just adding some links to 2 blogs on which their authors have considerately mentioned mine. RangelMD.com is run by Chris Rangel, who describes himself as a "hospitalist", and works in Texas. Offers opinions on a wide variety of topics, from general issues to hospital policies.
The other is from a fellow female emergency trainee, though I haven't established which country she's from yet. She's got a nice, breezy yet snappy way of writing, and being from the same specialty myself, I can definitely identify with her sentiments!
My thanks to both for linking to my blog. :)

No comments: