Monday, September 15, 2003

7am Monday morning. Just one more hour to go before I give a mighty big yawp of "Freedom, yeah!" :D ( "Yawp", by the way, is a term I picked up from Dead Poets Society. It means "barbaric cry" or something like that. Perfect for this occasion. :))

Waiting to stitch up a Caucasian fellow who works on a ship. He got assaulted at a pub earlier and has a nasty cut to the scalp. He's also got retrograde amnesia and is a bit disoriented, but has a really sweet demeanour. No prizes for guessing who initiated the punching.

I saw more than 30 cases earlier in the consult area, with the majority showing up after midnight, for some weird reason. Lots of parents bringing their sick or injured kids, the usual NS men with requests for MCs, plus a few warranted ones who later needed admission. Problem is, I was on a roll, so when it came to be my turn to sleep, I had insomnia. Ended up surfing the Net till 5, and have been in resus since.

Okay, maybe the Michael Buble concert is part of the high. :) 12 hours till the show, woohoo! I've got all his songs burned into my brain after blasting his CD in my car ad nauseum for the past 3 days. I'll be seeing him live, 8 rows from the stage, tonight! Will of course post a review as soon as I can.

A big hello to the A&E department in the National University Hospital. Someone working there emailed to tell me she enjoys my blog. Many thanks!

5 minutes more. The consult area is exploding with the usual "Monday blues" cases, as one senior staff nurse put it. Resus is quiet so far. Let the countdown to freedom begin... :D

No comments: