Friday, May 06, 2005

The Long And Short Of It

[Post deleted.]


Updates

Peter Cincotti's autographs have finally arrived. Via courier, no less. :)

My deepest appreciation to the people who went out of their way to track these down for me, and for ensuring their safe delivery.

He actually signed BOTH CD sleeves. On The Moon offers a larger patch of white, so he penned my name, followed by Best Wishes, Peter Cincotti. For his self-titled debut album, he decided to squeeze his name onto the triangular patch comprising his shirt and tie in the photo. For some reason, I find that very amusing. :)

Writing with a marker pen is never easy, so maybe that's why his scrawl looks a little kiddish. Again, something I can't help smiling about. :)

The note from the recording company rep also mentioned how he'd been "very keen to meet" me, and personally insisted that she convey his "thanks and appreciation" for my support and interest.

As you would expect, I'm thrilled to have his signatures. Thank you very much, Peter! :)


Shall pass on Kingdom Of Heaven. Two and a half hours of slaughter and serious discussions on religion isn't my cup of tea right now. Orlando Bloom doesn't come across as a convincing warrior either. Too scrawny. Give me Russell Crowe anyday.

The Da Vinci Code far exceeds Angels And Demons. I'm still in the first few chapters, but Dan Brown's prose is a huge improvement from the jerky, overzealous characterizations of the latter. Absorbing to the extent of being almost addictive. Thought I'd never find another author whose work I would enjoy this much ( the others being Thomas Hardy, Jeffrey Deaver and John Douglas ), but I fully intend to read Digital Fortress after this. :)

Scott Savol has been eliminated from AI4. Whew. There's justice in this world after all. Go, Anthony!

Will write more another time. I suspect I'll have to log on again quite soon. For editing purposes. :/

No comments: