Wednesday, July 20, 2005

I'm Back

Looks like blog traffic's been pretty consistent despite my prolonged absence, so thank you for that. :)

The plane just touched down in Singapore at 6am today, so I'm pretty exhausted right now, though also euphoric as well, haha. More details to follow in the coming weeks ( lots to write about ), but in a nutshell:

1. Peter Cincotti gave a great concert in Rome last Sunday. His new songs are terrific, and yes, my mom and I met him backstage after the show. :D
He is - and this is a direct quote from my usually reserved mother - "an absolute sweetheart". I fully concur. Will post about this in greater depth very soon, so stay tuned.

2. The past 3 weeks in Italy have been rough at times - as those of you who received my intermittent SMSs will attest to - but the latter half of the trip turned out to be quite enjoyable. Favourite places: Rome, Venice, Florence.

3. Italian weather is bad. But the food's even worse. Okay, I'm over-generalizing a bit, but it isn't that far off the mark either. Will elaborate further another day.

4. The London bombings kept us on our toes while we were still stuck in Europe. Security was significantly stepped up in Rome as well. Why do these things keep happening to us whenever we're overseas?!

Wish I could write a bit more, but my mom wants me to get off my butt and drive over to the pet shop to pick up our cat STAT.

All I can say is - it's GOOD to be home. :)

No comments: