Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Holiday Musings - Part 3


...is dedicated to Giverny.



I took loads - and I mean LOADS - of photos in the 2 hours we were there, but here're a few of my favourites.





Not going to write too much in this entry. Best
to just let you enjoy the brilliant colours of the
exquisite flora.




























A pity that Monet's water lily pond didn't have
any blooms when we visited. Too early? Too late?



The compound isn't large, and it's easy to feel
bored if you aren't into nature. No problem for
my mom and I though. We spent the entire 2
hours ooh-ing and aah-ing over the flowers.
I do, however, wish it could've been sunnier.
Photos never turn out perfect when it's cloudy.
Quite possibly my favourite shot from the entire
holiday.
Taken just outside a water mill / restaurant in
Fourges, where we had a delicious lunch before
heading to Versailles.
Couldn't believe my eyes when I spotted these
cows in the nearby river. They were surprisingly
quiet as they dipped and drank.
A few other tourists came over when they saw
me snapping with my camera.
They all had smiles as broad as the one on my
own face. :)
Last but not least, the beautiful water mill itself.
The whole region - Giverny and Fourges - is breath-taking to say the least. That coach ride through the countryside will always remain one of my most vivid memories of France.
It certainly marked the exact moment I knew I didn't want to return to Singapore.
Till next time...

No comments: