Monday, July 24, 2006

Hot New Jazz Artiste

No idea whether his album is available in local stores as yet, but I heard it on Krisworld and fell in love with it on the spot.

18-year-old laddie from Yorkshire. Plays the piano. Velvety smooth tenor. Suave delivery.

Opening track, Joanna, is pure bliss. Soaring vocals coupled with raw emotion rarely seen in one so young.

Other pieces I love include Spooky ( sizzling ), The Fool On The Hill ( the vocal version of Peter Cincotti's beautiful piano solo cover ), and On Days Like These ( dreamy ).

My favourite, though, is definitely The More I See You. Not sure if it's because this is done in a different tempo -- more Latin / rumba than the conventional big band swing -- but it's a clear winner and I must've replayed it countless times during those hours I spent on the plane.

Am always on the lookout for new talent. This guy looks mighty promising.

Vacation entries to follow another day. :)

No comments: