Saturday, January 30, 2010

Bliss Part 3

One, finding a website that allows me to watch the latest seasons of my favourite TV shows online, for free. No need to fiddle with the computer to change my IP address, etc.

Thank you so much, W!

Going to dose up on Dexter Season 4, then move on to Gossip Girl. Hope they'll add Nip/Tuck and Nurse Jackie soon. I've seen episodes overseas and would love to see the full seasons.


Two, hearing from a reliable source that John Mayer is possibly coming to Singapore - finally! - for a big solo concert in May / June this year.

Considering the fact that I own all his albums and have been listening to him since 2002, waiting 8 years to see him 'live' has been pure torture.

Hoping Michael Buble and Robbie Williams will return soon, and that Josh Groban will make his debut on our shores in the near future.


Three, this one's for my mom. :)

A few days ago, I wondered aloud why local TV stopped airing The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. The comment was precipitated by an article in People magazine featuring the latest Bachelor, a gorgeous commercial pilot named Jake.

Lo and behold, I suddenly decided to do a quick check of the Channel 5 programme, and stumbled upon The Bachelor Season 9, Episode 1.


I'll leave you to read the synopsis on your own. Suffice to say, my mom is now addicted to the show, and constantly tells me to "remember to set the timer" every night because it airs at an unearthly 2am.

So far, the first 2 episodes have fulfilled my expectations. I watched at least 3-4 seasons of The Bachelor years ago - the best one had Andrew Firestone; yes, THAT Firestone - and am familiar with the format. 25 over-enthusiastic women fall all over themselves vying for a single eligible man's attention, before being whittled down to 12, then 11, then 10, etc etc.

There's always a drama queen, a super-b****, a bimbo, and a nice decent girl somewhere in the mix. Makes for interesting viewing, but being the cynic that I am, it comes as no surprise that none of the seasons has ever produced a tangible long-term relationship, except for Ryan and Trista from The Bachelorette, who got married and now have 2 beautiful children.

So what do you think of Prince Lorenzo Borghese ( above )? Seems charming enough, and looks years younger than his actual age ( he was 34 when this was filmed ). One of the more watchable Bachelors they've had on the show, but his choices at the first rose ceremony were questionable to say the least.

Anyway, my mom's having a lot of fun with this, so I wanted to mention it. :)

Four, going on leave in a week's time. Lots of house-cleaning to get through, but also meeting up with good friends visiting from Australia, as well as college pals and clinical group mates from med school. Oh yes, there's also a big reunion dinner with relatives. Picked a seafood restaurant with a scenic backdrop. Looking forward to it!

Till next time...

No comments: