Sunday, May 18, 2003

It's a Sunday call, and so far so good.
I've been spending quite a bit of time on the Internet recently, due to the upcoming American Idol 2 finals, which feature Ruben Studdard and yes! Clay Aiken! After his dynamite performances in the last round, he's now in the top 2 for this extremely tough competition, and I couldn't be happier for him!

One of my favourite websites is definitely www.claytonaiken.com, for its terrific downloads and pictures, not to mention great links to articles, and my latest addiction, the chat room. It's been very active lately, as you can imagine, and I had a fantastic time hanging out with fellow Clay fans these couple of days -- though it's wreaking havoc with my eyesight, and I should be studying, darn it!

But never mind that. The reason I'm writing is because I actually bumped into 2 people on the chat, that I just absolutely have to mention. One is a good friend of Clay's, who drops by regularly, and who is well-known by all the other users who frequent the room. The other is an awesome lady named Robin, who believe it or not, came across my post in the forum a few weeks ago -- I wrote about how big a fan I am, how Clay has loads of supporters in Singapore, and how he has a positive effect on me and so many others here. Robin took the initiative to forward my post -- without my knowledge -- to one of Clay's best friends, who confirms that Clay got it and read it!!! Wow, I am in shock right now, but recovering slowly... Bet you can tell I've got a big smile on my face though, haha. :D It's just amazing how the Internet can make anything possible, but it's really nice people like Robin who help you realize your dream. Thank you so much, Robin!

And Clay, if you happen to find time in your busy schedule to actually drop by my blog, we're all praying for you to win!

We're now 100% sure the fever incident at the IMH was caused by influenza. The countdown to being declared SARS-free is on. It may be as soon as today. Keep your eyes and ears peeled for that announcement. Yay!

Not too sure if there'll be a shift in the number and types of cases we see at the ER. In my opinion, the system has been and always will be abused. But I think this episode has changed the public's perception of healthcare workers, and hopefully we won't be seeing any complaint letters for a long time. Sure, they'll resurface sometime in the future, but the next time I see a frivolous complaint coming, I'm going to... well, I won't say it here. ;)

This marks the beginning of the end of my reporting on the SARS situation in Singapore. It's been a great experience sharing with the rest of the world, and I thank all you readers, as well as people like Tim Bishop, Phil Ingram, Nina Thorsen and Alexandre Levy, who helped publicize the site, and of course, The Guardian and MSNBC, who embraced the blog in such a wonderful manner.

It'll be nice to get back to normal soon. The ER should be quite interesting, so I'll concentrate on that next month. :)

No comments: