Thursday, October 02, 2003

Attended the wedding of a college friend last night at the Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel. It was my first time there, and I must say the food is really good. Even better than some of the more famous hotels here, in fact! The event had a very relaxed atmosphere, and my friend, aka the groom, was his usual wacky self. We had a hoot when he came over with his bride to take photos. He really hasn't changed in the past 10 years! :D
Those of us who managed to attend were seated at the same table, and had a good time reminiscing about our JC days. Even our civics tutor was there, and though he's now a secondary school principal, we still joke around like old pals. Lots of other nuptials are coming up, with me being the odd person out. Hmmmm.... :)
Three of us adjourned for drinks thereafter, catching up with a classmate who'd been "missing" since we graduated. It was a great night for everyone. Till we meet again at the next wedding!

I've got another day off, hah! Can't believe my luck, but I'm spending the day at home this time to prepare for a presentation tomorrow and get some writing / reading done. My irregular sleep hours are getting to me as well. Feel like I'm having a perpetual hangover, ugh. Anyway, the link for Josh Groban's new songs on his official website have started working again, and the sound quality is so much better there, so try it out. A church friend who heard this piece loves it so much he's going to buy Josh's CD come November. A new fan! :D

Clay Aiken will be featured in a coming issue of Time magazine! News of this is circulating on his websites, and I'm thrilled! Time is one of the most reputable and respected publications around. Congratulations, Clay! I already subscribe to it, so for once, I won't be biting my nails worrying if I can get my hands on it. Hope my neighbours won't swipe it though. :D

Yet another episode of The Bachelor 3 airs tonight. I've been surfing for info on Andrew Firestone on and off, and was most disappointed to learn that although he proposed to the lady of his choice on the show, he's now insisted that they both live together for at least a year before proceeding with marriage. Huh? Wasn't he the one who kept saying, "I'm ready for this. I'm committed to finding the woman I love and getting married / settling down, etc."? Sigh... and Andrew makes three.

Anyway, this season is a little more mysterious, as opposed to The Bachelor 2, which made it obvious to viewers from the very beginning that Aaron was hung on Helene. This time, the woman who wins Andrew's heart doesn't get much camera attention, so you may be surprised in future episodes. She isn't the most beautiful one, nor the most outgoing. There must be something about her that captured him. It'll be nice to find out what it is. :)

Am starting on The Purpose Driven Life today. I'll make sure to post excerpts from it from time to time. Bye for now!

No comments: