Wednesday, October 15, 2003

It's been a tiring day but our errands are completed -- well, most of them at least -- so here's a short post before I flop down in the armchair for a bit.

The 2nd major Singaporean Claymate Dinner is on tonight at Hard Rock Cafe. Sorry I couldn't join you all -- need to rest up 'cos of a very busy schedule and my recent bout of post-influenza vaccine reaction -- but the email updates are great, and whoever is responsible for getting us Clay posters blown up to double the size of that in the CD: thank you thank you thank you! :)

Here're links to 2 interviews with Clay:

JoJo and Jay Leno

I managed to watch him on Leno, and he did a fantastic job with "Invisible" -- to me, it sounds a lot like one of those "MTV Unplugged" sessions, which suits Clay just fine. Lets him stretch his amazing voice instead of being forced to fight a constant battle with the band. Check out the moves as well ( especially all the microphone-grabbing :P ) -- relaxed, confident, and very, very nice. :)

I was in town today, and dropped by Borders for a look in the CD section. Only 2 copies of Measure Of A Man were left, woohoo! Not too sure about HMV at The Heeren, but a fellow fan tells me those at the Citilink branch are selling out fast.

I took the opportunity to walk through the new That CD Shop at Pacific Plaza. It's got 2 floors, and retains its trademark stylish decor ( though black isn't exactly my favourite colour ). They said they hadn't received Clay's CDs as yet, but I didn't ask about the status of their pre-orders.

Anyway, I discovered this album from Maksim, a pianist who fuses classical with dance beats. My apologies for being a little vague, 'cos I don't know anything about him as yet, just that I heard his versions of The Flight of the Bumble Bee and Exodus on radio the other night, and decided to sample his CD and see if it's worth buying. Verdict? I bought it. :) Will post more once I'm more familiar with the pieces -- might take a while, though, 'cos I'm getting my copy of Measure Of A Man tomorrow, yay! ;)

Time to recuperate from a long day. Working again tomorrow...

No comments: